2020-21 Non-League Schedule

SBUnfurled

The field for Paradise Jam looks set: Bradley, SUNY-Buffalo, Cleveland State, Colorado State, FIU, Long Beach State, St. Bonaventure, and Weber State. ParadiseJam.png

Likely/known 2020-21 OOC opponents:

Home
Canisius
Middle Tennessee
Siena
SUNY at Buffalo

Away
New Mexico
Niagara
Ohio*

Neutral
Paradise Jam
Paradise Jam
Paradise Jam

*Assumed return trip to Athens, OH

Last edited:
Unlike our recent tourneys, all eight teams are in one bracket, and I don't believe we'll get home games from "B bracket" teams as part of this tournament.

Some of these games could be OK. The only judgment I have for the strength of any of these Mid Majors is how they've been this year, and I don't believe any of them are top 100 quality. That said, who knows what next year will look like. Buffalo is always solid (could be a double header for that series next year). Bradley is usually decent, and I think FIU has like 9 wins already. My way-too-early thoughts are that the Bonnies will be the favorites for the week.

Some of these games could be OK. The only judgment I have for the strength of any of these Mid Majors is how they've been this year, and I don't believe any of them are top 100 quality. That said, who knows what next year will look like. Buffalo is always solid (could be a double header for that series next year). Bradley is usually decent, and I think FIU has like 9 wins already. My way-too-early thoughts are that the Bonnies will be the favorites for the week.

This is where I stand. None of these teams move the needle and there is no way to know how good they will be next year. Bradley was good last year and decent this year but what will they lose? Buffalo is the best team outside of Bona and we get them on the schedule every year as it is. I guess 2 with them wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. I am unmoved by the field but I am glad we are in a tournament in a nice location. Its a nice experience for the players.

A couple of these teams are better than buying someone crappy like Jackson St. I was hoping for a crack at 1-2 marquee wins seeing how we will be an at large candidate next year. That is the most disappointing thing about the tournament.

Not the worst field we've seen in one of these tournaments in recent years. Paradise Jam is a respectable event, unlike some of the thrown-together "tournaments" we've seen in suburban Austin and Estero, Florida. Curious how this will play into our regularly scheduled meetup with SUNY Buffalo.

We'll add a 2020-2021 OOC schedule thread eventually, but keep in mind we should be getting UB, Canisius, Siena, and MTSU in the RC next year. A lot of spots open for us to potentially get bought by a P5, it's just a matter of if they'll actually buy us. I hope we can participate in Toronto again.

Honestly, other than the Emerald Coast Classic with Maryland/TCU, this is the best field we've had in a while. Several decent programs like Bradley, Colorado State and even Long Beach. Of course, our good bovine friends from Amherst are also there and they've been good recently too. Even if we travel well to these things like we did to Boca, I dont think we have the sheer numbers to move the needle for Maui/Battle 4 Atlantis/etc.

This ad pretty sums up my thoughts on this field of teams.... also the ads on this forum make me want to pluck my eyeballs from my skull. 80B413BF-A1BF-4D72-B91B-0AAE3B205FE1.jpeg

The field looks set: Bradley, SUNY-Buffalo, Cleveland State, Colorado State, FIU, Long Beach State, St. Bonaventure, and Weber State. View attachment 59
Yeah.. it's a shitty field at face value. If we can get SU on the schedule I dont care, otherwise fuck this. This tourney is ok as a supplement.but as an A10 stronger member you're looking for a tourney with P5s.

Get a couple of P5 games by any means necessary. The Toronto event would be great again, and taking cash from SU and/or another sleazy football humper would be ideal.

Extending the series with Vermont seems like a Winn-Winn for both programs, but if it can’t work with the Catamounts, then there are other regional Top 100 programs to pursue.

As is, there should be shots at Q1 (at New Mexico) or Q2 (SUNY-Buffalo; Siena) wins.

Get a couple of P5 games by any means necessary. The Toronto event would be great again, and taking cash from SU and/or another sleazy football humper would be ideal.

Extending the series with Vermont seems like a Winn-Winn for both programs, but if it can’t work with the Catamounts, then there are other regional Top 100 programs to pursue.

As is, there should be shots at Q1 (at New Mexico) or Q2 (SUNY-Buffalo; Siena) wins.
Yep. SUNY Buffalo!
We will win this thing and get some momentum for a run through A10 play (we will be good next year... how good?).

It would hilarious if we play 2 games against SUNY Amherst in a season, when the B*ndwag*n loves clamoring for home-and-home series with Canisius and Niagara.

Here's what I'm guessing the OOC schedule looks like so far:

SUNY Amherst
Canisius
Siena
Middle Tennessee
@ Niagara (would love this to be moved to First Niagara or Toronto)
@ New Mexico
Paradise Jam
Paradise Jam
Paradise Jam

That's pretty much filled already. I think there's like 3 slots left? Matt Johnson is our only senior, maybe we try to get bought by Maryland for a sort of homecoming (he's from Baltimore)? We're always wanting to go back to the Dome and smack around that chode Boeheim. The Vermont setup of Rochester-away-home was also really good. We should try that with another elite mid-major like St. Mary's or Belmont.

Four to fill, BBC. 13 OOC games are allowed when an exempt tournament event is involved.

Ok, although I did forget to mention the return trip to Erie for #Gannonfest2020... Also, I need to change my damn name on here to Bona Commenter, fuck my middle name.

Back