2022 Recruiting

Kyrell Luc is a true point guard. I define it as the team's leader who facilitates the offense. That's what Luc does.

Comments from Holy Cross fans with sour grapes doesn't mean anything to me. Luc's assists numbers are more meaningful, but Nelson their coach is a whopping 17-62 so maybe just maybe he was using Luc wrong.

Kyrell Luc is a true point guard. I define it as the team's leader who facilitates the offense. That's what Luc does.

Comments from Holy Cross fans with sour grapes doesn't mean anything to me. Luc's assists numbers are more meaningful, but Nelson their coach is a whopping 17-62 so maybe just maybe he was using Luc wrong.

I can't pretend that I know much about HC or Kyrell Luc, to be honest.

Just taking a quick look at his numbers and it seems like he's more of a 2/shooter than a facilitator like our previous guards. Kid obviously can play, but he seems more like an Eric Mosley-type than Lofton or any traditional PG we've had.

Not sure if that is good or bad, but it'll be different. I don't know what Schmidtty and company have planned for 2023, but without question, it'll be a different style than what we've played in the past.

I'm just a little worried that every player we've brought in averaged more turnovers than assists last year.

I assume with Powell to Wazzou State, Hill was the egg that unfurled and his little tease mind games was tweeting about? Or maybe there is the real surprise yet to hatch?

This backward NIL world sucks...BUT...I have to admit there's a part of me that enjoyed the roster building over the last 6-8 weeks. Like some weird blend of a draft, and FA open house. It's June and I'm still here and not checked out like I normally would be by now.

I don't want to feel that way, but I can't help it!

The staff has really done a good job of putting a team together after getting Blitzkrieged late in the process. I have no idea how this team will do next year, but I am excited to see how it all comes together. Looks like there is lots of potential and the opportunity for Schmidt to get creative with linueps. - I guess as creative as you can be with an 8 man rotation.

I wonder if there is still interst in Dezonie or if the staff will pocket the last 'ship.

The staff has really done a good job of putting a team together after getting Blitzkrieged late in the process. I have no idea how this team will do next year, but I am excited to see how it all comes together. Looks like there is lots of potential and the opportunity for Schmidt to get creative with linueps. - I guess as creative as you can be with an 8 man rotation.

I wonder if there is still interst in Dezonie or if the staff will pocket the last 'ship.
I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if Dezonie de-committed from SJU only to stay in the A10. My guess is someone like Oregon came poaching. I don't think we're done adding players this offseason though. I'd like a grad transfer, but it's probably tough getting a quality one to come use his last year in what's perceived to be a rebuild.

I know the response would be to consider my source, but on the BW in the Noah Waterman thread, somebody has noted that Noah has removed committed to St Bonaventure from his instagram account. Not being somebody who uses instagram, I"m unsure of the significance of that move, if any. It does still say committed to St Bonaventure on. his verbal commits account, but that maybe noting more than a data entry thing.

Was thinking the same thing. Until I hear it from Unfurled or other sources over here, I’m hoping it’s a big nothing burger.

I heard about the kid telling people on his tour that he “doesn’t care about school” and immediately wanted us to pass. We don’t need that shit.
Agree. I guess we can at least appreciate his honesty? Most guys would hide that sentiment until they are here and it is too late.

Agree. I guess we can at least appreciate his honesty? Most guys would hide that sentiment until they are here and it is too late.
Haha, that's what I was going to say. I was going to ask Bill whether the problem was not giving a shit about school or admitting same.

Sounds like Bonas may have dodged a bullett... A player who isn't mature enough to play the gane and pretend school is important I can see causing some real issues. Could be why he's on his 3rd school.
Too bad would have been an interesting player in the rotation and honetly I think Bonas and the A10 would be a ggod fit to improve his game.

Haha… sort of that he admitted it. I’m not down with that type of brazenly idiotic person.
I know basketball is not the most complex game out there, but I do believe there is a strong correlation between a player's IQ and their added value to a team.

Given Schmidt's playbook is not always easy to grasp, I think we need more than a guy who can dribble a ball.

Jaylen Adams was a finance major, Andrew Nicholson majored in physics/ chemistry major and it seems a lot of other guys have majored quality programs at Bona.

Back