Transfer Portal thread

I mean, sure, I don't wish any harm to the kids, but it's pretty corny to be like oh yes!!! Now, I will be watching EVERY ISU and UF game next year.

Let them move on and let's do the same...We were going to have to start fresh this year or next. If we get the transfer from Rocky Top, Powell, and Detroit City transfer Waterboy, we might be pretty solid next year.

Probably need some type of backup big still, but I can't imagine they'll be of any quality. I'm looking forward to more guard-oriented play next year.
Yes we did have to eventually move on, but they did what they did and we can poke fun all day. And fuck those idiot self loathing Bona fans that will now yap all next season about every MFing thing those guys do like its still in brown and white.

They are enthusiastic cuckolds.
I changed my mindset on the group when they all treated Bona like a high school with all of them posting how they were so proud of player X moving on to bigger and better things, like come on.

I try to be a very objective Bona fan, but SHIT. You are going to an SEC school that just fired their coach and a Big12 that sucked last year, but WOW, 7-11 in the mighty Big 12...very impressive!

If Holmes makes so much $$$ on his NIL, why is he selling every single item he has from SBU via IG?

I’m rooting for them to fail. They tore up their legacy for a few thousand dollars and are literally selling away their bona gear on social media. A bunch of self-dealing, short-sighted, childish cowards. Fuck them.

I’m rooting for them to fail. They tore up their legacy for a few thousand dollars and are literally selling away their bona gear on social media. A bunch of self-dealing, short-sighted, childish cowards. Fuck them.
While I’m not actively rooting for them to fail as human beings, I also won’t watch a second of their careers henceforth. Their individual Bona legacies are null and void—at least in my world.

If it’s all business to them, then it’s all business to me. I’m all about the school and the program and the players who choose to be here. The way they went about doing this was U-G-L-Y, and the cold treatment of people they called “family” was deplorable, but the shameless (and NCAA rule violating) auctioning of their SBU gear put this way over the top. See ya never.

Is nobody telling them that they can’t sell team-issued gear? That is not protected under the NIL umbrella.

Is nobody telling them that they can’t sell team-issued gear? That is not protected under the NIL umbrella.
That's someone elses problem now. I also thought I read that the booster collective that Iowa St uses to fund their NIL deals is also not allowed by the NCAA but here we are.
Also someone should have told them if they left on better terms that gear would have more value......

Any news on how Waterman's visit went? And is Jocius ptetty much out of the picture after Amadasun's commitment?

Last edited:
Any news on how Waterman's visit went? And is Jocius ptetty much out of the picture after Amadasun's commitment?
Waterman was/is here, I heard. I doubt Amadasun’s commitment impacts the staff taking another center. We carried three last year, and I expect we’ll be needing the rotational bodies to have 15 fouls available.

Waterman was/is here, I heard. I doubt Amadasun’s commitment impacts the staff taking another center. We carried three last year, and I expect we’ll be needing the rotational bodies to have 15 fouls available.
Isn't Waterman more of a guard? I get he's 6'11, but he doesn't seem like a low post kind of guy. Maybe I'm wrong...

Better question is this... Is his high school real or is it like Bishop Sycamore?

Isn't Waterman more of a guard? I get he's 6'11, but he doesn't seem like a low post kind of guy. Maybe I'm wrong...

Better question is this... Is his high school real or is it like Bishop Sycamore?
Well, he thinks he’s a guard. It will be the staff’s job to teach him that having a decent-to-good handle and jumper doesn’t make him an actual guard. Embrace being a stretch 4 and create matchup problems. Do that, and he can win here and make some good money overseas some day.

I don’t believe it is on Bishop Sycamore’s level. However, I have lived in Rochester my entire life just about and I had no idea of the school and league he played in 🤷‍♂️

I don't know why I am back here when it's nearly Memorial Day. I don't get worked up very much about the way things went with the starters leaving, but I will say I am glad they're gone for an entirely different reason than I have seen posted. That is that I am just sick of watching them. It has been four fucking years and they failed to meet my expectations. Kinda like you dated a girl all through high school, finally got in her pants (not that easy back in the day) and found out she was a bum fuck. Over, done, send me to fucking Viet Nam if you want. I am outta here!

However, I will be back in the fall, so I hope all my Bona family have a safe and happy summer.

Welch to bama to play for that scumbag oats. At least now it's all over. Money must have been nice, why else would you go to a school for 1 year where you won't even start

$$$$$$$

The three programs’ seedy reputations precede them, so it’s fitting our former guys landed at such places. Given the last-minute, pre-portal tampering, it was only a matter of which sleazy football school(s) would need their Hessian mercenaries this year.

Turn the page.

Back