RANK THE BONNIES!

Bonafanatic

Tomorrow the AP’s preseason poll comes out. The voters had to submit their ballots on Friday and three have shared them publicly and all three ranked them (25th, 23rd and 11th(!!!)).

My guess is on Monday the team will be ranked for the first time in 50 years but please post any other ballots you see here.

Right now it is simply Winn against Siena and Canisius. That opening home game is always a NIGHTMARE. Get through week 1 2-0 against shitty teams at home, keep that 23rd rank for a second week and then take care of business in Charleston...

Yes, of course beat them too. It went without saying for me. If you dont beat them both, you could win the Charleston classic and still not be ranked after.

Not to throw shade on our fans excitement, but can someone please tell all these people saying it's amazing we are ranked despite having the smallest endowment, that those funds are not spent on athletics?

I mean, it's understandable for a random fan to say that, I guess, but when the WNY "media" starts running with the narrative, it's annoying.

Even if you could spend endowment $ on athletics, UConn, Memphis and Gonzaga have shit endowments but great hoops programs while the ivies, patriot league and countless other schools have massive endowments and irrelevant MBB programs.

Not to throw shade on our fans excitement, but can someone please tell all these people saying it's amazing we are ranked despite having the smallest endowment, that those funds are not spent on athletics?

I mean, it's understandable for a random fan to say that, I guess, but when the WNY "media" starts running with the narrative, it's annoying.

Even if you could spend endowment $ on athletics, UConn, Memphis and Gonzaga have shit endowments but great hoops programs while the ivies, patriot league and countless other schools have massive endowments and irrelevant MBB programs.
I hear you. This is quietly satisfying but in no way, shape, or form does this have anything to do with what will define success this season. Cue the WNY chest-thumper-bros, the pound-for-pound nonsense, and all the other general loudness that accompanies this primarily obnoxious segment of our fan base.

Winn games. Get to the NCAAT. Winn more. T25 will take care of itself.

Yeah, doesn't really matter right now. The team just has to keep winning, defying expectations and try to stay in the national picture to build up recruiting, enrollment and donations.

Plenty of action left in the week, but it's unlikely anything happens for us to move up in the polls. However, of note: UVA (#25) and Mich St. ("#26") both lost, which will probably shift a few votes in our direction to keep us at #23, assuming we take care of business on Sunday.

GW could do us a bit of a favor vs #21 Maryland tonight, and #20 FSU/Florida play each other during the football games on Sunday on ESPN.

Beat the Griffs. Preferably by a lot.

FSU gets pounded by the Gators.

Combined with our soft 2-0, UVA's loss to Navy, and Mich St. not getting one over KU: I think we'll end up stealing a few additional votes tomorrow, but probably not enough to move us up.

So far we’re on every public ballot but a few voters have knocked us down a few spots with one voter citing the ugly canisius win. We’ll almost certainly be 23rd again.

BYU and Seton Hall with big upsets last night. SH doesn’t play again this week and BYU only has a cupcake Saturday. Perhaps BYU dethroned #13 Oregon— perhaps not. Regardless both BYU and SH will be ranked on Monday and two teams are goners.

Anything less than 3-0 this weekend and we’ll be sweating it out on Monday.

I am predicting 18 in the new poll today
It will be somewhere thereabouts. Seth Davis (fuck him) dropped us to 24 and in an act of defiance against all things good and holy put UNC at 22.

Reactions: res
Back