The Bannedwagon Thread

Who is more to blame? The outsider who starts the thread, or the guys who leave it up?

I have an opinion.

Which one of you guys is demourse, again? I forget. Nice new post this afternoon. I absolutely love #DeSotoMafia. It's so good it should permanently replace #Unfurl.

It's wonderful how the moderators of that "sports" board allow and approve the political bullshit of posters. Not sure why the usual suspects even need to veil the phrase "Let's go Brandon." That's nothing compared to the other ridiculous shit that's been posted over there for the past couple of years. That board is an echo chamber of a cesspool and it gets worse every time I think it can't go lower.

It's wonderful how the moderators of that "sports" board allow and approve the political bullshit of posters. Not sure why the usual suspects even need to veil the phrase "Let's go Brandon." That's nothing compared to the other ridiculous shit that's been posted over there for the past couple of years. That board is an echo chamber of a cesspool and it gets worse every time I think it can't go lower.
One big problem is one of the moderators is one of the political bullshit posters.

Which one of you guys is demourse, again? I forget. Nice new post this afternoon. I absolutely love #DeSotoMafia. It's so good it should permanently replace #Unfurl.
I Ndoye’d your hot dog/bun post, res, but you were quickly scolded. We can’t have that type of suggestive humor interrupting the scintillating critical thinking skills on display over there.

Reactions: res
I Ndoye’d your hot dog/bun post, res, but you were quickly scolded. We can’t have that type of suggestive humor interrupting the scintillating critical thinking skills on display over there.
That's ok, Bill, it's all in a day's work. Besides, I even got a "Like" from the board moderator.

I've been waiting for our inside-the-vacuum fans' (see: Bills fans) Big East speculation, and the 'wagon finally delivered...
The weird thing is last night in Rochester, new AD Joe Manhertz was answering questions for the crowd and said, "I've heard rumors about the Big East expanding and us being a part of that, but I'm not going to address that."

It was kind of a weird thing to say as SBU's chance at getting into the Big East is less than 1%. Seems odd that the AD of all people would even mention that in any capacity.

The weird thing is last night in Rochester, new AD Joe Manhertz was answering questions for the crowd and said, "I've heard rumors about the Big East expanding and us being a part of that, but I'm not going to address that."

It was kind of a weird thing to say as SBU's chance at getting into the Big East is less than 1%. Seems odd that the AD of all people would even mention that in any capacity.
He'll figure out soon enough we have a segment of loudmouth assholes that just need to be told STFU because they are an embarrassment to the U. Fans tweeting at players, media types, the look-at-us crowd. Just crawl in a hole FFS.

He'll figure out soon enough we have a segment of loudmouth assholes that just need to be told STFU because they are an embarrassment to the U. Fans tweeting at players, media types, the look-at-us crowd. Just crawl in a hole FFS.
Embarrassingly enough, one guy asked a question about the future idea of playing a game in Rochester. JM addressed it in detail, but obviously could not commit to the idea this far out.

Five minutes later, some lady asked the same exact question. Wasn't a great look..

Problem is, we need a better venue in Rochester and there aren’t any. Blue Cross is a shithole, that court has seen better days and the Pegs care a while lot more about hockey than basketball.

These loudmouth assholes are an embarrassment to my hot, tight, creamy, rich, hearty, robust asshole which is profoundly supportive of SBU including the new AD.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Big east expansion scares the shit out of me, quite frankly. The A10 is without question the next highest profile, basketball focused conference outside of the Big East, and there are some very obvious candidates here for the Big East to reach out to, if they wanted to expand. If the Big East plucked some or all of our big guns (on paper big guns, anyway) it's hard for me to envision a lineup of replacements that allows us to maintain our multi-bid status.

Last edited:
Problem is, we need a better venue in Rochester and there aren’t any. Blue Cross is a shithole, that court has seen better days and the Pegs care a while lot more about hockey than basketball.
Pros and cons. I like the cavernous concrete death match feel to War Memorial. But for sure, the KBA has all the fluff. To make KBA work, you need a headliner - hint, it's not the Bonnies - and an undercard worthy of WNY appeal. UB vs. Pitt, followed by SBU vs. Michigan. If you can find a way to make that happen, let's leave the ROC behind for good.

No, I like the regional franchise. One game in Rochester, one in downtown Buffalo (against someone not named Canisius, Niagara or SUNY-Amherst). Now that's dependent on who you can get and what you've got to pay for the facility, and that's the rub.

Some poster on the Bandwagon said about 15-20 years ago that if Bona could return to some semblance of past glories, it would be considered by the locals to be "closer to downtown Buffalo than Canisius." The point being, of course, that it could dominate the Buffalo market as in days of yore. Perhaps an overstatement, but I'm inclined to agree.

There are over 2 million people in those combined metros ripe for the taking, college basketball-wise. A few more eyeballs on the screen, maybe a couple of hundred more applications, who knows. But, that's a start.

Buffalo is a pro sports town. The only way your would draw locals to a game there is to play UNC, Duke..etc. I just assume not bother as the cost of playing there is much higher. The Bonnies draw a solid crowd every year in Rochester and do a bunch of advertising prior which gets people noticing the school. Casual sports fans here (yea I live in Rochester) will go to games. Every time I go to a Bonnies game here I run into people I know who are not alums or true fans but they like going to the game.

Buffalo is a pro sports town. The only way your would draw locals to a game there is to play UNC, Duke..etc. I just assume not bother as the cost of playing there is much higher. The Bonnies draw a solid crowd every year in Rochester and do a bunch of advertising prior which gets people noticing the school. Casual sports fans here (yea I live in Rochester) will go to games. Every time I go to a Bonnies game here I run into people I know who are not alums or true fans but they like going to the game.
The four WNY schools really need to work something out with the Pegulas. It’s really dumb to not have an annual doubleheader over a holiday weekend. Bona/Canisius and UB/Niagara one year; Bona/Niagara and UB/Canisius the next. If it was a known entity annually, it would draw decently. Just sell tickets in the lowest bowl.

One way or another, we need an OOC game in Rochester and Buffalo every season. It’s just good business for the school.

Big east expansion scares the shit out of me, quite frankly. The A10 is without question the next highest profile, basketball focused conference outside of the Big East, and there are some very obvious candidates here for the Big East to reach out to, if they wanted to expand. If the Big East plucked some or all of our big guns (on paper big guns, anyway) it's hard for me to envision a lineup of replacements that allows us to maintain our multi-bid status.

It's hard to tell what will happen. Will these conferences (BE included) increase to 16 and then 20? SLU and Dayton are going to leave if they get an invite regardless of what we do.

If they take the top 3, I still think a combination of Richmond, St. Bona, Saint Joes, Rhode Island and Davidson can keep the A10 at 2 bids, but likely not more than that. GW was very good for a while then fell off a cliff. You can't count them out. Maybe that paves the way for more bids to the dance for SBU? Who knows...

Rochester without question is a better host for the Bonnies than Buffalo. The arena size suits SBU better, and people turn out better for the games, and also cheaper than Key Bank.

We should really be playing two games there each year. One around Thanksgiving/Christmas and then one in late Feb/early March when students are on spring break.

We need to grow our fan base and interest in the region and we are not doing that playing in front of 3,500 people in Olean on holiday breaks.

It's hard to tell what will happen. Will these conferences (BE included) increase to 16 and then 20? SLU and Dayton are going to leave if they get an invite regardless of what we do.

If they take the top 3, I still think a combination of Richmond, St. Bona, Saint Joes, Rhode Island and Davidson can keep the A10 at 2 bids, but likely not more than that. GW was very good for a while then fell off a cliff. You can't count them out. Maybe that paves the way for more bids to the dance for SBU? Who knows...

Rochester without question is a better host for the Bonnies than Buffalo. The arena size suits SBU better, and people turn out better for the games, and also cheaper than Key Bank.

We should really be playing two games there each year. One around Thanksgiving/Christmas and then one in late Feb/early March when students are on spring break.

We need to grow our fan base and interest in the region and we are not doing that playing in front of 3,500 people in Olean on holiday breaks.

I prefer your take over mine since its optimistic, and I'm usually not, and you make a good point. We are building brand recognition for ourselves and the others you mentioned do also have it to varying degrees. If they + UMass can figure out how to get their shit together on a more consistent basis (and in the case of GW/Joes climb out of the gutter) that is still a pretty solid lineup. If we plucked a few decent names, the A10 could keep its head above water. A decent comparison would be how the Mountain West recovered when its biggest names bolted in the last big shakeup.

The biggest injury to losing those schools to me is the 'big time' perception they bring- in some cases (cough, St Louis) only half deserved. Then again, 15 years ago when VCU beat Duke, a lot of people asked "who?", and here we are. Perception can change.

Re: Buffalo, it's not only a pro sports town, but its not a basketball town. It's hockey. The two are corelated- had the Sabres never come and the Braves stayed, it would be different. I live in Buffalo, and my experience is your average 46 year old Tonwanda resident sucking down beers on NF Blvd is going to tune in to watch a 12-34-2 Sabres team over college hoops more often than not.

Back