The Bonnies: 2021-2022 Season Thread

SUNY-Amherst is official now for Dec. 4th at 4 p.m. and I updated my last post.

The interesting thing about this is the release from Bona's all but confirms this will likely be the first Bonnies game ever on Peacock. Get used to this, since NBCSN is shutting down in December and all NBC Sports properties are likely moving to USA or Peacock.

Also, Chuckie just reported the Alfred exhibition will be Thursday 11/4 at 7 p.m.

I'm not sure you experiment with ivermectin. You're either all-in or you're not.

1631217818461.png

Love the 5 Friday night ESPN games, Jan 14 they have an A10 double header. I dont love starting with 2 on the road.

View attachment 314

Love the 5 Friday night ESPN games, Jan 14 they have an A10 double header. I dont love starting with 2 on the road.
Will be curious to see which weekends are Alumni and 80s weekend. I'd guess Sat., Jan. 29 for homecoming and Sat., Feb. 19 for 80s weekend.

Students away for two key games on national TV. VCU and Richmond. I'm sure students would like to come back early, but athletics will likely have those seats up for sale.

It's tough to see that of our 4 games at home with no students, 3 of them are marquee opponents, SLU, VCU, UR. All 3 will have students at their arenas when they host us, two of them in Friday night showcases. Complaining is.. well.. for complainers, but they sure don't make it easy for us most years.

It's tough to see that of our 4 games at home with no students, 3 of them are marquee opponents, SLU, VCU, UR. All 3 will have students at their arenas when they host us, two of them in Friday night showcases. Complaining is.. well.. for complainers, but they sure don't make it easy for us most years.
Yep. It's really annoying. One without students? Meh. I get it. Scheduling is really tough with 14 programs to please. All three? Nope. Fuck you. Unacceptable.

Yep. It's really annoying. One without students? Meh. I get it. Scheduling is really tough with 14 programs to please. All three? Nope. Fuck you. Unacceptable.
You wonder how much of that is considered by the A10. I have to imagine not much as ESPN2 dictates to openings to the A10 and not the other way around, but like you said, all three without students is annoying.

To be fair, most schools don't have spring break the week we do, but it's not like we are new members to this conference, so the A10 should know this by now.

They are selling wolfpack kids pack seats on Jan 14th. That is a mistake, those seats need to be open for students for one of the biggest games of the year

How many students can be reasonably expected, particularly if dorms aren't reopened? Should be room for the kids, I think.

I have never heard of the school not reopening dorms that weekend for a basketball game let alone probably the biggest game on the home schedule.

If it was a Saturday, yeah. But classes don't resume until Tuesday the 18th, so I wouldn't expect a great student turnout. That's just the reality of life. In our pre-tech life utopia we'd have a packed RC with drunk and drinking students for an ESPN2 affair. In social media age no one actually physically gets together for anything.

Don't take that so much as a rant as a resignation of 21st century life.

Meh. Gotta sell those tickets. Maximize revenue… especially this season. If students want to attend, I’m sure they’ll be accommodated.

Edit to add: I’ve heard some encouraging reports about JNT (our old soul freshman wing from Ottawa).

I didnt know classes didnt start until Tuesday. That sucks. The good news is season ticket sales are through the roof. Its one of the reasons I bought some, I didnt want to get shutout of any of the big games. That being said, I will be looking to sell 2 seats at various times throughout the year

'84 and I will be looking to buy some, though perhaps not for the games you are looking to sell.

'84 and I will be looking to buy some, though perhaps not for the games you are looking to sell.
I, too, expect to have some seats available on various dates. Just shoot me a PM when you know the game(s). No compensation required.

Agreed. If res will join me, I anticipate looking for some seats, so ’03 and Bill, keep us in mind. I also made my hotel reservation for ‘80’s Weekend and the 2/19 game against the Mighty Dukes, so I expect those ticket packages to be available soon. Come to think of it, I better check on that.

Are you saying 2/19 is 80's Weekend? I assume you have the inside info. I'm just an 80's wannabe.

Reactions: res
So what's this possible 2nd redshirt sbunfurled mentioned? Was the buddy at Hickey right about Mellouk afterall?

Back