2022 Recruiting

Do any of our recruiting experts here have any kind of very early ranking/wish list of all these point guards we are offering?

In addition to all of those PG offers, looks like we have one out to a big in Ifeanyi Ufochukwu. This guy and Duro will give announcers fits.

Thanks! I know it worked out with Dom, but a year at prep and you never know who else starts to get involved with him. Love this move.
If his goal is to develop, there’s no better place than on a D1 program. Who knows maybe he comes in and earns minutes this year but I’d prefer he redshirt and give us 4 years of pg leadership.

It the staff thinks he can come in and contribute, then I'd rather he play. We were lucky with Shoon, Dom and Kyle, but there's no guarantee that you're going to get four years out of anybody anymore. I'd hate to redshirt him, get one year out of him and see him move on.

If he's not quite ready, then by all means redshirt him.

If his goal is to develop, there’s no better place than on a D1 program. Who knows maybe he comes in and earns minutes this year but I’d prefer he redshirt and give us 4 years of pg leadership.
Isn't Q.Adams considered the future PG?

I know you can't talk depth and PT before we even see these guys in action, but seems odd Rumpel would come here to redshirt, but maybe I'm wrong.

Have to imagine the depth chart would look something like this...Granted a few of these guys probably won't pan out, going off reputation alone, this is what '22-'23 might look like:

1-Q. Adams, B. Rumpel
2- J. Saizonou,
3- L.Brown, Ndjock-Tadjore
4- K. Coulibaly, A. Mellouk
5-O. Durosinmi

I guess it all depends on the bigs. If one of them ends up being Roseboro or Obokoh 2.0, we probably run out a guard heavy lineup.

I thought it might be. I would assume either way we are unlikely to fill 5 ships early anyways, trying to figure out how hard we go after some of these guys.
Yes. I would be surprised if we fill more than one or two in the fall. In this bat shit crazy era of Wild West lawlessness in college sports, what incentive is there for an SBU type to sign a bunch of kids early? Wait it out until the spring signing period and see what's available in the transfer market (that's what it is now... a market). It would take a special kid from a good, solid family/background for me to sign out of high school in the fall semester.

Last edited:
Isn't Q.Adams considered the future PG?

I know you can't talk depth and PT before we even see these guys in action, but seems odd Rumpel would come here to redshirt, but maybe I'm wrong.

Have to imagine the depth chart would look something like this...Granted a few of these guys probably won't pan out, going off reputation alone, this is what '22-'23 might look like:

1-Q. Adams, B. Rumpel
2- J. Saizonou,
3- L.Brown, Ndjock-Tadjore
4- K. Coulibaly, A. Mellouk
5-O. Durosinmi

I guess it all depends on the bigs. If one of them ends up being Roseboro or Obokoh 2.0, we probably run out a guard heavy lineup.
I thought so too, but I guess we have to see what Q’s offensive game looks like although not sure what we can glean from that this upcoming year.

I thought that Quadry Adams was more a combo guard with the ability and handle to play point, but wasn't a purebred PG like Kyle. And that Joryam was the more natural point of the two? Could be completely misremembering this though.

Back