2020 Recruiting

How does Adaway profile? I couldn’t find many videos of him from his Miami days, but he looked pretty athletic in high school.

If he turns out to be a solid contributor who gets minutes, does that mean AJ is the odd man out?
Adaway can actually play the 3/4 like we did with Dris at times. He is the best athlete on the team and can hit threes. He is strong and athletic enough to defend multiple positions.

When players fight hard for minutes, it makes for better practices and a tougher basketball team. Complacency is the kiss of death. Each guy is going to have to compete to get on the floor. Said dynamic is a good thing. Ask Tray Woodall what a typical practice looked like at PITT during his playing career. Those dudes were tough as hell because they practiced that way every day.

Good problems to have. I haven’t heard any reports on Adaway before, so I am now excited to see him play.

Where does Metcalf fit into the equation? He’s considered a PF, but like all of our bigs, he’s pretty skinny.

What the heck is going on? We don’t need another shooting guard or wing — especially in the class of 2022! To me, any addition that can’t play the 1 or 5 capably is a failure. But what the fuck do I know?

My initial reaction was the same that others had shared- as in, why add something we have 5 of already. But then again, I and many others agreed we needed someone with a sack and a half who had a hard-nosed will to score, win, etc. It sounds like that's what Eddie Creal is billed as, so I guess it's just time to embrace it and hope he is that guy.

Sure, in an ideal world I would have wanted someone billed as that who also shot 45% from deep instead of high 30's, but it's not an ideal world. I'll be more concerned (angry) if we sign another non point guard guard with our next available ship. To me this means we are saying Creal fills the one void we need, and our last 2 ships are very specifically going to be used for, hopefully the backup PG and bruising big we desperately need.

Good problems to have. I haven’t heard any reports on Adaway before, so I am now excited to see him play.

Where does Metcalf fit into the equation? He’s considered a PF, but like all of our bigs, he’s pretty skinny.
You’ll like Adaway. He’s what Sincere Carry tries to look like but can’t pull off. I expect at least one “holy hell” dunk from him next year.
Metcalf is hopefully more skilled than our project 4s have been in recent memory. If he can give some year 1 Denzel minutes without the horrid head turn while shooting free throws, I’ll be happy.

What I like are the extensive recruiting threads over on the Bandwagon that mention high school, prep, or JUCO player after player after player for pages on end, and then Creal and Shaw come out of nowhere. I don't think I've read or heard about either of them until they committed this week.

What I like are the extensive recruiting threads over on the Bandwagon that mention high school, prep, or JUCO player after player after player for pages on end, and then Creal and Shaw come out of nowhere. I don't think I've read or heard about either of them until they committed this week.
Don't forget all the transfer possibilities who have no interest in Bona just as Bona has no interest in them.

Shaw looked pretty solid in the video I saw on Verbal Commits

I know it’s not wise to get too excited off a player’s highlight tape, and I’ve been fooled in the past, but he looks a lot better than I expected.

Not sure of the caliber of play in his league. At one moment in the video above you see his team leading by a score of 73-23. It looks like their schedule wasn’t too competitive as many of their wins were by 20+ points.

Back