Atlantic 10 Monday Games: 12/30/19

It's not listed here, but in the tweet, you mentioned Fordham is -8. I wouldn't trust them to cover 8 points against 5 actual trash cans. Coppin State is actually having a good season by their standards. I'm honestly expecting Fordham to drop the ball here, before the NYE ball drop in the next borough south.

Dayton will roll.

The Good Guys and Davidson will have tough games tonight. Would be two nice road wins to help the conference's depth.

If either UMass or Mason can win, it would say a lot about their chances in A10 play, especially Mason. I'm not familiar with this version of TCU, so I can't really say how tough they'll be.

The TCU-Mason line is a bit surprising. Kenpom says Horned Frogs -8, so Vegas must really like TCU at home for some reason. I don't think TCU has picked up a good win yet, but they also haven't lost any egregious games. This will be a nice barometer for Mason. Every game it's played has been against poor quality teams (with the exception of a few in the Caymans), and going on the road against Maryland doesn't tell us much.

Agreed with Fordham though... they've lost their last 4 in a row, all at home, and they're giving 8 to Coppin St.??? Wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams suffer their 5th straight loss, or at the very least win by 3 or 4.

Agreed with Fordham though... they've lost their last 4 in a row, all at home, and they're giving 8 to Coppin St.??? Wouldn't be surprised to see the Rams suffer their 5th straight loss, or at the very least win by 3 or 4.

Coppin is usually somehow worse than Fordham, but even a 4-10 start is decent for them. I know it's not the same Loyola-Chicago Final Four team, but they did beat the Ramblers. I'd like to think the Rams will win, but I'm sure as hell not expecting them to cover...

Coppin is usually somehow worse than Fordham, but even a 4-10 start is decent for them. I know it's not the same Loyola-Chicago Final Four team, but they did beat the Ramblers. I'd like to think the Rams will win, but I'm sure as hell not expecting them to cover...

Not that it really matters, but my goodness has Fordham been bad so far. Easiest schedule in the country and its lost its last 4 home games to dog crap teams. Just an embarrassment.

Not that it really matters, but my goodness has Fordham been bad so far. Easiest schedule in the country and its lost its last 4 home games to dog crap teams. Just an embarrassment.

Yeah, every year Fordham has like 1 or 2 guys you'd expect to be decent enough to get them somewhere near mediocrity. I think Portley and Ohams are very solid. They've lost 4 straight to Manhattan, Bryant, Tennessee State and James Madison, all at home. It's been a really bad stretch, even for them...

Yeah, Fordham is basically a shell of program at the moment. The Jeff Neubauer era should have ended after last season. Literally the one bright spot that he's brought into the program over these last 5 years, Nick Honor, transferred after one season.

The problem is that the Fordham athletic director, David Roach, is really old and has been heavily rumored to step down after this season. So Fordham might be waiting to bring in a new AD who can then pick their chosen coach for a new era. Again, that should have been done for this current season, but hopefully it's done in a few months because Fordham men's basketball right now is basically dead and needs to be revamped. And with basically every other A10 school trying hard to be a strong and relevent program, Fordham is sticking out more and more.

I say all of this as a 2012 Fordham grad who has been following the team (and the A10 conference) for almost 20 years now.

Yeah, Fordham is basically a shell of program at the moment. The Jeff Neubauer era should have ended after last season. Literally the one bright spot that he's brought into the program over these last 5 years, Nick Honor, transferred after one season.

The problem is that the Fordham athletic director, David Roach, is really old and has been heavily rumored to step down after this season. So Fordham might be waiting to bring in a new AD who can then pick their chosen coach for a new era. Again, that should have been done for this current season, but hopefully it's done in a few months because Fordham men's basketball right now is basically dead and needs to be revamped. And with basically every other A10 school trying hard to be a strong and relevent program, Fordham is sticking out more and more.

I say all of this as a 2012 Fordham grad who has been following the team (and the A10 conference) for almost 20 years now.

It's a shame because I seriously thought you all would be better than St. Joe's and even GW. Neubauer started off well, with an 8 and 7 win season in A10 play his first couple years. You guys even avoided the pillow fight in back-to-back years. Something is seriously wrong to keep losing guys like Eric Paschall and Nick Honor. I'm thoroughly expecting Portley to be next.

That's tough. Change is needed on some front -- you are right about that. It feels like Neubauer hasn't been held accountable at all. Just wish he could keep talent around, because damn Fordham has had some really good recruits.

How are tickets for Fordham vs Coppin State for sale at $51 dollars?!?

Last edited:

Fordham playing surprisingly decent...

0AC1F108-436A-4FAD-9930-667176BFFDAC.png
Pretty decent 1st half for the A-10 as a whole... let’s win 3/4 of these and I’d be thrilled.

Dayton rolls as usual... unfortunately, the A-10 on the road has not been so lucky.

St. Bonaventure loses to Buffalo.
Massachusetts loses to Akron.
Davidson down 20 to Vanderbilt.
George Mason down 15 to TCU.

These last few weeks have been a brutal realization that the A-10 might be a 2-3 bid league at best.

Back