The Bannedwagon Thread

I get the lack of athleticism to a point. Is he going to average 15 a night in a P5 conference? Probably not. But he’s a well built 2g who can also spell at point and gives really good effort on D. That’ll play pretty much anywhere in my book.

I get the lack of athleticism to a point. Is he going to average 15 a night in a P5 conference? Probably not. But he’s a well built 2g who can also spell at point and gives really good effort on D. That’ll play pretty much anywhere in my book.
I don't see why not. He averaged 15 PPG against those teams with four other guys on the floor who can and will get NBA looks, so I do think he can average double figures on the right "P5" team. I also don't necessarily buy the "lack of athleticism" argument. He's a big, strong guard who defends well and gives great effort 100% of the time, as you mentioned. If I was making a comparison among recent A10 guys, I'd throw names out there like Jared Terrell from URI or Jordan Goodwin from SLU. There are hundreds of P5 players who wouldn't have taken a minute from Holmes, and we'd have to look no further than our own bench.

Was anyone else very surprised by Holmes going the graduate transfer route? I thought he was one of the players more likely to stay, and if he was going to leave, the grad/transfer option was something I never would have guessed.

One of the many BannedWagon dunces just said Holmes "is not a P5 player." What does that even mean?

He averaged 15 PPG against P6 teams last season, and was the best player on the floor for two of those eight games (vs. Clemson and Oklahoma). The P5 cartel's decades-long misinformation campaign has really melted the brains of Wagon types. Sure, his shot disappeared for a long stretch in January/February, but you'd think "The P5" was the NBA the way people talk about it.
More to the point too is I don’t think these morons realize that there are still some very, very bad basketball games played between P5 teams. I can think of a handful of teams from each conference, aside from maybe the Big 12, plus the big East who would have probably only narrowly avoided the pillow fight if they were in the A10.

No matter where Holmes ends up he can average 12 points a game with 3-5 boards and 3-5 assists. I thought he was a lock to stay but have also heard he is interested in a grad program that we dont offer. I will buy that if he ends up somewhere with a good journalism grad program.

I would be interested to see Holmes on a team where he is truly the second or third banana. He could be an elite role player in the right spot, I dont see him going someplace to be "the guy". This group of bonnies was fun and frustrating because you never knew who was going to have a big game which lead to Holmes and others trying too hard when we were slumping, imo. If he goes somewhere that has that number 1 scoring option I think you see his forced 3s go way down and his shooting percentages bounce back up.

Gotta be honest, if I were a guy who played at Bonas, graduated, and still had the bonus year of eligibility to use, I would highly consider going to like, University of San Diego and just having fun in the sun for a year

Gotta be honest, if I were a guy who played at Bonas, graduated, and still had the bonus year of eligibility to use, I would highly consider going to like, University of San Diego and just having fun in the sun for a year
Meh. Do that any other time. I’d kill to have another year in the thick of things at SBU with some of the best and funniest people I’ve ever known.

Don't necessarily disagree, Bill, but "any other time" has a nasty habit of never arriving.

Or anywhere that has Chipotle.

Only pickup, though, from what I understand. You still won't be able to enjoy your meal in the ambience of a Chipotle dining room.

Only pickup, though, from what I understand. You still won't be able to enjoy your meal in the ambience of a Chipotle dining room.
Just get that Starbucks built between the liquor store and Perkins. That’s a nice one-two punch for me on Bona game weekends. Grab a trenta cold brew and a few nips of Bushmills for the game.

Bill I never would have pegged you as a Starbucks guy

Ever since that Pearl Harbor job by 0, 1, and 21, I haven’t gone NEAR that board. One can only imagine the absolute nonsense.

I just took a look. The staff doesn't know it's recruiting season, but hopefully they read the BW so that they can be reminded. We will be in the MAAC within 2 years, program will be D2 or abolished altogether within 5. NIL is to blame. But don't be mad at those three- they're just kids. They deserve nothing but the best wishes from us, once a Bonnie and such.

You're caught up.

Back