2022 Recruiting

Just like tonight NIT game I dont have much interest in seeing these 5 play 194 minutes a game for another season. If all 5 came back, I think highly unlikely, but hypothetical.. I want a 9 man rotation with meaningful minutes off the bench. Meaningful. 50+ bench MPG minimum.. I dont think this group in this NCAA environment does much better next year than this year, so if it's going to end in an A10 or NIT scenario, then for the sake of the program develop the bench. Whoever of them stick around as it is.

100% behind any and all of them that come back. Flaws and all. Life, careers, the world is an uncertain place right now and if another year in the friendly confines is what they need then take it. But the program cannot sustain this bullshit Ironman 5 concept it's a joke and wasn't something to be proud of to begin with.

Old Dominon, UAB, Middle Tenn, James Madison, and a whole bunch of schools you would find playing in the 7 pm time slots during the first 4 if they won their conference.
UAB is a pretty appealing school. Lot of $ in that program and new conference affiliation coming soon.

AAC isn't great, but it'll be comparable to the A10 in terms of bids. Memphis, Wichita State, Temple, SMU and Tulsa are all very solid programs.

Agreed. I always liked UAB. They were competitive in the original CUSA, when it was borderline power status. Always felt like they missed a huge opportunity on the second CUSA realignment wave in 2013, and don’t belong with the rest of that cast.

Butta would have preferred coming here from the sounds of it, but we moved on and are now prioritizing Luc and Flowers instead. If we had more 'ships open, or he didn't wait so long, maybe he'd be here.

Anyone know how he visits went yesterday?
I heard Kyrell Luc was especially impressed by the incognito bathroom(s) in the library’s basement. Clutch if there are hot chicks studying near you on the upper levels.

The visitors were completely turned off by the terrible condition of the men's shithouse located across from the Post Office in the RC. None will be returning to SBU.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
Honest question. Does Moses signing on give any indication regarding whether Holmes is coming back for one more? He’s only got 2 years left and I would imagine he wants some PT.

Last edited:
Figured. Agreed with your tweet as well, I was assuming he was moving on and the staff knew it. I’m kind of surprised though, doesn’t Bona give him a good masters degree in JMC?
That is where I am puzzled. Holmes isnt going to the NBA and its doubtful he would improve his pro prospects abroad elsewhere and then you throw in the grad work opportunity at Bonas. Unless he is going to NW or Cuse? Whatever the reason, he deserves to do whatever is best for him.

I felt, and still feel, that returning 2-3 guys vs 4-5 is for the best for the health of the program beyond next year. Something about the fact he’ll be out there in a uniform for a different college team kind of bummed me out though, more than I expected.

Wherever he lands, I’ll be following him.

I felt, and still feel, that returning 2-3 guys vs 4-5 is for the best for the health of the program beyond next year. Something about the fact he’ll be out there in a uniform for a different college team kind of bummed me out though, more than I expected.

Wherever he lands, I’ll be following him.
My sentiment exactly.

Back