Bonnies vs. Richmond (Sat. 1/2, 5 p.m. on CBS Sports)

BonaCommenter

Will this game be played? Do we have a chance? How many wide open threes will Blake Francis drill?

Halftime: Everyone scored 3-6 points but Creal and Shaw, who have 0 points. 1/9 from 3 killing us, should be up if we can hit some. Really liked the defense until the last 3 minutes of the half. Schmidt is doing the same thing as 80s Weekend last year to confound Golden, keep doing it!

Reactions: res
Osun has no touch off the glass...keeps him from being an offensive force. Every game has 3 or 4 roll off. Makes nice move, just misses, then loses confidence and won't shoot for awhile. Possibly touch will improve with more games played but frustrating that team has so many roll off...Team can only challenge for top if he is an offensive weapon beyond dunks...

So after I write that about Osun at halftime he opens 2nd half with another miss off glass--and disappears.

Also for 2nd game in row Lofton killing them with frustration foul after losing ball....we will see how he responds in final 4 minutes

Just poured another glass of Weller. All is right in the world again.

Jaren looked great. Defense was improved. Greg i dont think Shoon hit his stride yet, last year he took a few games. I'd rather he was already a force but he will be as he was last year around the rim. He needs muscle and bulk though. It's tough to rely on finesse around the rim in college BB.

I'll take. We'll take it. It beats the ever loving shit out of a loss for sure.

Jaren looked great. Defense was improved. Greg i dont think Shoon hit his stride yet, last year he took a few games. I'd rather he was already a force but he will be as he was last year around the rim. He needs muscle and bulk though. It's tough to rely on finesse around the rim in college BB.

I'll take. We'll take it. It beats the ever loving shit out of a loss for sure.
Right. Shoon will start hitting those plus he has a track record of making those shots. His touch will come around with more games. Golden is a great player too and they battled hard. He worked his tail off defensively and played a ton of mintues. I can live with less offense if hes swatting shots and rebounding.

Last edited:
The Bonnies are quickly coming up to speed. Great team effort, but I was surprised to see we're ranked #318 in bench minutes. I'm not being critical of that, just seemed like we were using the bench more this year. Mark certainly has built a nice reputation: loved it when they cut to him working up that final play on his whiteboard and the announcer says "There's Mark Schmidt, the mad genius working out a play." Maybe not the exact words, but close enough.

Shoon under the rim on D was a thing of beauty. He absolutely took Golden and Grace out of the game plan. I saw Golden out on the 3 pt line multiple times because with shoon around he knew he couldn’t do jack shit within 15 feet of the glass.

The Bonnies are quickly coming up to speed. Great team effort, but I was surprised to see we're ranked #318 in bench minutes. I'm not being critical of that, just seemed like we were using the bench more this year. Mark certainly has built a nice reputation: loved it when they cut to him working up that final play on his whiteboard and the announcer says "There's Mark Schmidt, the mad genius working out a play." Maybe not the exact words, but close enough.
Part if the low bench numbers arw the fact we have only played 4 games. Schmidt has been consistently using a 9 man rotation

Part if the low bench numbers arw the fact we have only played 4 games. Schmidt has been consistently using a 9 man rotation
I believe that ranking is calculated as the percentage of the available 200 team minutes per game played by non-starters. It was definitely impacted by Roberts missing a few games and Winston with short minutes even while he was still available. We have yet to see Alpha. I'm not lobbying for anyone getting more time or less. In fact, I have no clue what the right mix is at any particular time. It just surprised me because we make fairly frequent substitutions.

Back