Bonnies vs. SUNY-Amherst (Tue. 12/22/20 at 4:00 pm)

Notre Dame lost their game with Syracuse for the same reason. What do we think the odds are that Bona gives them a call?

You mean UB got a positive after playing SU? No way. I mean really. No. Way. The same SU that didn't have to pause for 14 days because of at least 4 positives within their program just 10 days ago? Even though they're from the state of NY? The game against THE SUNY at Amherst was the only worthwhile game on our OOC schedule.

The email from the U. said they made "concerted efforts" to find a replacement. Well that went about as well as the other concerted efforts to find games. This is just a bullshit season. Hey, undefeated heading into conference play. Suck that, P5s.

Failure to find a replacement game this week should result in the firing of the school’s schedule makers. There’s no lack of options. I’m fucking sick of the annual excuses coming out of that office and the lifers who keep their jobs and face zero consequences despite subpar performances.

Get us an opponent this week or go be a manager at applebees.

Failure to find a replacement game this week should result in the firing of the school’s schedule makers. There’s no lack of options. I’m fucking sick of the annual excuses coming out of that office and the lifers who keep their jobs and face zero consequences despite subpar performances.

Get us an opponent this week or go be a manager at applebees.
It's especially frustrating that appears like they tried until 4:00 PM and then basically called it. Try again today? South Carolina State (who may be the worst team in division 1, but whatever) opened up a Wednesday slot last night (after we had given up searching) and there will probably be a team or two today that has some schedule changes.

Unbelievable. They’ve already given up looking for a replacement game:

“Efforts to find a replacement opponent prior to the Christmas holiday were unsuccessful. Bona's next scheduled game is the start of Atlantic 10 play Dec. 30 at Rhode Island.”

I’m so frustrated with the chronic laziness and dull minds that have festered in our athletic department for decades. In any successful organization this kind of performance would be rooted out long ago. Instead it lingers like a disgusting fart from one AD to another.

I hear you Fanatic, I dont know how accurate this is but the Osun Shot block counter indicated on Twitter that they are looking to fill a game on the 27th. I cant find it now, it was a reply to one of SBUnfurled tweets I think.

You mean UB got a positive after playing SU? No way. I mean really. No. Way. The same SU that didn't have to pause for 14 days because of at least 4 positives within their program just 10 days ago? Even though they're from the state of NY? The game against THE SUNY at Amherst was the only worthwhile game on our OOC schedule.

The email from the U. said they made "concerted efforts" to find a replacement. Well that went about as well as the other concerted efforts to find games. This is just a bullshit season. Hey, undefeated heading into conference play. Suck that, P5s.
To be fair, it was Suny Amherst who had the positive test.

I hear you Fanatic, I dont know how accurate this is but the Osun Shot block counter indicated on Twitter that they are looking to fill a game on the 27th. I cant find it now, it was a reply to one of SBUnfurled tweets I think.

I hope Osun Shot Blocker is correct, and I hope they find a game, '03. This has been awful.

Actually, SU has had positives in the program. The strange thing that '85 is alluding to, is that the Orange have played 6 games since they announced the first positive, beginning just a couple hours after the announcement against Niagara. They are pausing now, but did not pause then.

Unbelievable. They’ve already given up looking for a replacement game:

“Efforts to find a replacement opponent prior to the Christmas holiday were unsuccessful. Bona's next scheduled game is the start of Atlantic 10 play Dec. 30 at Rhode Island.”

I’m so frustrated with the chronic laziness and dull minds that have festered in our athletic department for decades. In any successful organization this kind of performance would be rooted out long ago. Instead it lingers like a disgusting fart from one AD to another.
And to think that VCU is playing their ninth game today, Richmond and Rhody have played eight and SLU has played 7.

And to think that VCU is playing their ninth game today, Richmond and Rhody have played eight and SLU has played 7.
But we’re little ol’ Bona’s! We’re not worthy! Just ask some in our own athletics department when it’s off the record. You’ll hear all of the reasons we can’t do certain things, but the focus is rarely on what we can do.

To be fair again, SU had no positives. At least I never saw anything about it on the Twitter thingy.
As 84 alluded to, they've had multiple positives. They somehow managed to take the court with 4, possibly 5 active positive cases 2 weeks ago. They had some write-up in the Syracuse newspaper about the stupid watches supposedly dialed in to Onondaga County health department that determined, despite the positives in the BB, that the other personnel cleared contact tracing and were all fit for play against NU. (yeah right) Totally skipped the whole [allegedly] mandatory NYS 14 day pause. They are now on pause because a UB player tested positive, yes. SU has a history of ignoring inconveniences. It wouldn't be past SU to likely either ignore positives, or at least ignore contact tracing. If this hadn't been a UB player that played in the game, SU would have swept right past this and would still be playing. They just couldn't this time because the situation is so obvious.

ETA: Holy shit.. all that yapping and I never got to my point, which was.. SU was allowed to continue BB activities after many positives in their program. Coupled with a history of disregarding inconvenient findings, I'm not surprised someone from UB who played Saturday has come down positive. Wouldn't surprise if it were an asymptomatic transmission from an SU player. Obviously it could be a number of scenarios. I'm just not surprised it happened after that game.

There are two sets of rules in life, one for those who have to follow them, and for those who create them.

Last edited:
Back