Atlantic 10 Power Rankings

Phillyfan3

Some surprising things have already happened so without further ado, my A10 Power Rankings:
1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Richmond
4. Rhode Island
5. Duquense
6. Umass
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. Fordham
10. St. Louis
11. St. Joe's
12. La Salle
13. St. Bonaventure
14. George Washington

Some surprising things have already happened so without further ado, my A10 Power Rankings:
1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Richmond
4. Rhode Island
5. Duquense
6. Umass
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. Fordham
10. St. Louis
11. St. Joe's
12. La Salle
13. St. Bonaventure
14. George Washington

I dig. What a league so far. Lot of changes across the board, most for the better. Here's what I've got as of right now:

1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Rhode Island
4. Richmond
5. Saint Louis
6. Duquesne
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. St. Bonaventure
10. Massachusetts
11. Saint Joseph's
12. La Salle
13. Fordham
14. George Washington

Last edited:
Wa
I dig. What a league so far. Lot of changes across the board, most for the better. Here's what I've got as of right now:

1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Rhode Island
4. Richmond
5. Saint Louis
6. Duquesne
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. St. Bonaventure
10. Saint Joseph's
11. Saint Joseph's
12. La Salle
13. Fordham
14. George Washington
wait which st joeseph is UMass

Wa

wait which st joeseph is UMass

Oh shoot, I messed that up hahaha. Just edited it to fix it. I have UMass at 10, but that shouldn't be a knock on this team in any form. Just think the Minutemen are young and very reliant on 3 point shooting, and they have a lot of getting better to do (which they will this year). Once this freshman class matures, look out.

1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Richmond
4. Rhode Island
5. Duquense
6. Umass
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. Fordham
10. St. Louis
11. St. Joe's
12. La Salle
13. St. Bonaventure
14. George Washington
Really can get behind these rankings. Richmond continuing to climb!

1. VCU
2. Dayton
3. Richmond
4. Rhode Island
5. Duquense
6. Umass
7. Davidson
8. George Mason
9. Fordham
10. St. Louis
11. St. Joe's
12. La Salle
13. St. Bonaventure
14. George Washington

Saint Louis at #10 is rather, well rather low.

Mine would look like( as of 11-26)

Dayton
VCU
Rhode Island
Richmond
SLU
Davidson
Dukes
GMU
Fordham
UMASS
St Joes
LaSalle
Bonnies
GW

Saint Louis at #10 is rather, well rather low.

Mine would look like( as of 11-26)

Dayton
VCU
Rhode Island
Richmond
SLU
Davidson
Dukes
GMU
Fordham
UMASS
St Joes
LaSalle
Bonnies
GW

I think there needs to be asterisk next to the Bonnies, because no way they finish below Fordham once they get Osun Ousnniyi back. yes they've been bad, but they are arguably playing without their best player, and despite being 4-2, I expect Fordham to continue to be awful.

I think there needs to be asterisk next to the Bonnies, because no way they finish below Fordham once they get Osun Ousnniyi back. yes they've been bad, but they are arguably playing without their best player, and despite being 4-2, I expect Fordham to continue to be awful.

yep. But as of now thats prob where they belong.

yep. But as of now thats prob where they belong.

I agree Saint Louis is not 10th by any means. Probably a top 6 team at this point. Hasahn French went beast mode on Belmont, and that's a good Mid Major team.

Richmond fan here. Wow, I thought Dayton had top level talent, but was not sure they would be this good this soon.

My rankings:

Dayton
VCU
Rhode Island
SLU
GMU
Richmond
Davidson
Dukes
St Joes
UMASS
LaSalle
Bonnies
Fordham
GW

Richmond fan here. Wow, I thought Dayton had top level talent, but was not sure they would be this good this soon.

My rankings:

Dayton
VCU
Rhode Island
SLU
GMU
Richmond
Davidson
Dukes
St Joes
UMASS
LaSalle
Bonnies
Fordham
GW

Curious why you have Mason over Richmond, even as a Spiders fan? Arguably, wins over Vanderbilt and Wisconsin outweigh anything Mason has done this season, granted, the Patriots are moving up the A-10 Power Rankings for sure.

If you asked me to pick a #1 right now, I'm torn because I just saw Dayton play some incredible basketball over the last 3 days, but I know how good VCU's been. I want to see how the Rams play in Florida this weekend. If VCU beats Purdue and Tennessee, it is undeniably still the favorite to win the league. Dayton looked really solid this weekend, but we have to remember how good VCU is defensively, and those matchups are going to be one heck of a battle.

What's pretty clear to me at this point is that VCU and Dayton are light years ahead of the rest of the league. We keep saying "3 bid league" or "4 bid league" on Twitter, but quietly, I'm not exactly sure who else is going to step up and build a good enough tournament resume. Rhode Island could get there, but they missed a big opportunity against LSU. Saint Louis and Richmond could get there, but do they have enough good OOC opportunities to build a resume? I'm hoping some of these other A-10 teams can close the gap between Dayton/VCU, because if not, it could be a sure-fire 2 bid league with teams running away from everyone.

What's pretty clear to me at this point is that VCU and Dayton are light years ahead of the rest of the league. We keep saying "3 bid league" or "4 bid league" on Twitter, but quietly, I'm not exactly sure who else is going to step up and build a good enough tournament resume. Rhode Island could get there, but they missed a big opportunity against LSU. Saint Louis and Richmond could get there, but do they have enough good OOC opportunities to build a resume? I'm hoping some of these other A-10 teams can close the gap between Dayton/VCU, because if not, it could be a sure-fire 2 bid league with teams running away from everyone.

Starting to think the same thing, I think 3-7 will beat up on each other. That being said, SLU I think has the OOC if they take advantage of the remainding part but I dont see them beating Auburn. But that, and Kstate on a neutral court are opportunities they must win in order to get a at large. Keep an eye out for Belmont and eastern washington, both should win their league. EWU is creeping up kenpom and is up to 159, started off at like 199 or around there I believe and belmont I hope stays in the T100.

Also we may be just a little ahead of ourselves on VCU. Im very confident in them, but they havent played away from home I believe(?)

Starting to think the same thing, I think 3-7 will beat up on each other. That being said, SLU I think has the OOC if they take advantage of the remainding part but I dont see them beating Auburn. But that, and Kstate on a neutral court are opportunities they must win in order to get a at large. Keep an eye out for Belmont and eastern washington, both should win their league. EWU is creeping up kenpom and is up to 159, started off at like 199 or around there I believe and belmont I hope stays in the T100.

Also we may be just a little ahead of ourselves on VCU. Im very confident in them, but they havent played away from home I believe(?)

Agreed about VCU -- every game has been at home. Yet, the way the Rams are beating their opponents is what's really telling (forcing an exuberant amount of turnovers, actually shooting well from 3, etc.). Last year this team struggled to 8 or 9 point wins over the bottom tier mid majors. We'll know a lot more about VCU when it faces Purdue tomorrow and hopefully Tennessee after that: 2 opportunities for huge wins away from home.

My updated A-10 power rankings headed into Friday's games. If VCU impresses in the Emerald Coast Classic, I'll bump them back up to #1.

1. Dayton
2. VCU
3. Rhode Island
4. Richmond
5. Saint Louis
6. Duquesne
7. George Mason
8. Davidson
9. St. Bonaventure
10. La Salle
11. Massachusetts
12. Saint Joseph's
13. Fordham
14. George Washington

Here are my rankings as of today:
1. Dayton 5-1 (RPI: 14 KenPom: 25 SOS: 90)
2. VCU 6-0 (RPI: 80 KenPom: 37 SOS: 64)
3. Rhode Island 5-2 (RPI: 75 KenPom: 94 SOS:97)
4. Saint Louis 6-1 (RPI: 56 KenPom: 108 SOS: 116)
5. George Mason 8-1 (RPI: 26 KenPom: 126 SOS: 146)
6. Richmond 5-1 (RPI: 81 KenPom: 86 SOS: 199)
7. Duquesne 6-0 (RPI: 97 KenPom: 82 SOS: 220)
8. Davidson 2-4 (RPI: 170 KenPom: 74 SOS: 108)
9. La Salle 4-2 (RPI: 36 KenPom: 176 SOS: 176)
10. UMass 5-2 (RPI: 88 KenPom: 177 SOS: 171)
11. St. Bonaventure 2-4 (RPI: 199 KenPom: 155 SOS: 103)
12. Fordham 402 (RPI: 164 KenPom: 183 SOS: 282)
13. Saint Joseph's 2-5 (RPI: 238 KenPom: 200 SOS: 99)
14. George Washington 3-4 (RPI: 341 KenPom: 241 SOS: 112)

My updated A-10 power rankings headed into Friday's games. If VCU impresses in the Emerald Coast Classic, I'll bump them back up to #1.

1. Dayton
2. VCU
3. Rhode Island
4. Richmond
5. Saint Louis
6. Duquesne
7. George Mason
8. Davidson
9. St. Bonaventure
10. La Salle
11. Massachusetts
12. Saint Joseph's
13. Fordham
14. George Washington
This is pretty much exactly how I see it right now, although 4-8 is pretty mudddled. I expect Mason to move up now that Kier is back, and assuming Calixte (hyperextended his big toe in the ODU game) isn't out much longer.

Mason would have a potential at large resume if they can steal the TCU game (and avoid any bad losses before then).

This is pretty much exactly how I see it right now, although 4-8 is pretty mudddled. I expect Mason to move up now that Kier is back, and assuming Calixte (hyperextended his big toe in the ODU game) isn't out much longer.

Mason would have a potential at large resume if they can steal the TCU game (and avoid any bad losses before then).

I think they can build an at-large resume w/o that win the way Dayton and VCU are setting themselves up. Only 2 losses in non-conference play and a win or two over VCU/Dayton/Rhode Island would set the Patriots up for a shot, assuming they could finish top 4 in the league and don't lose to Fordham, etc.

Here is what I have now:
1. Dayton
2. VCU
3. Richmond
4. Rhode Island
5. Saint Louis
6. George Mason
7. Duquesne
8. Davidson
9. La Salle
10. Umass
11. Fordham