2020-2021 Season Ideas

3rdShayCripSet

I know this is all premature being that we do not have a vaccine and might not for some time, but I came across an article by Matt Norlander today and it made me think about the start of the season.

It seems unlikely that college hoops can start up as normal come November. Being that a lot of teams rely on OOC games and need them to build their resumes for March, why not try 15-20 "bubbles" across the US with a mix of "powers", mid-majors and low mid majors?

Each team get eights games in a month.Try to seed teams based on their preseason ranking and go from there.

Playing only eight games in one month would allow the season to start in late/November or early December and finish before Christmas.

Most likely a logistical nightmare, but curious to see how people think the start of the season will look.

Good idea but I don’t see how the power conferences would ever agree.

With the Paradise Jam likely over, unless the tournament finds a bunch of new teams, does anyone know if SBU is trying to get into any other tournaments or if we have any new games on the OOC docket?

With the Paradise Jam likely over, unless the tournament finds a bunch of new teams, does anyone know if SBU is trying to get into any other tournaments or if we have any new games on the OOC docket?

I've heard we are in fact exploring other MTE's, and also looking into multiple mini-bubbles within NYS to fill out the OOC.

There's a spot open in Cancun, wherever it will be played.

It would be a lot less complicated if the D1 schools in New York State would just set up a variety of weekend bubbles. Let teams play two or three games over those weekends. Diversify each bubble field to limit any major "home court" advantage. Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, and NYC metro areas offer ample opportunity to make this work without the headache of out-of-state schools needing their respective governors' green light.

There's a spot open in Cancun, wherever it will be played.

It's in Florida on Nov. 25/26. Purdue, Clemson and Mississippi State will need a fourth, but I don't think it'll be a team from a state with Florida on its quarantine list.

Bill, how dare you joke about death like that! Isnt that what started the last Civil War?

I was away all weekend, so the Paradise Jam is a no go?

Back