Coronavirus Impact

As of yesterday (3/28) there are still zero reported cases of the virus in Cattaraugus County. Wish I were there. Stay healthy and keep the faith in our Bonnies!

I restocked yesterday in time for virtual happy hour. Ordered online. They offered delivery, but I had to get out of the house so I chose the curbside pickup.

Bonaventure is going to be hit especially hard. It has a ridiculously small endowment of only $75 million. For comparison, Davidson has $821 million. Most private schools have over a billion.

The lack of liquid cash has been a problem for decades — exacerbated after the scandal— and never really replenished during the past decade of economic prosperity. Not pointing any fingers. I think the current administration has done a good job. But Bonaventure is in a particularly precarious position.

A lack of wealthy alums to draw from is at the core of the problem. A look at their "notable" alums is filled largely with journalists -- and while they may have success they don't have the kind of wealth you can really draw from.

Ed Bastian, Delta CEO, is perhaps the school's wealthiest alum but word on the street is that he doesn't donate a dime -- same with Neal Cavuto of Fox News....

You're spot on with respect to Bona, bf, but you've off with respect to others. Only about 65 of the roughly 1,600 4-year, not for profit private colleges have a $1 billion + endowment. And some of those that do aren't in much better shape than Bona when you look at things on a per-student basis.

Yeah, after looking around some more , there are about 100 schools with over 1 billion, but I guess that's not typical. However, looking around, Bona's endowment is still pathetic. Even of the local area private schools (Niagara, Alfred and Canisius), Bonas has the lowest endowment by about 20 million. Among the A10... Bonas is WAY at the bottom. LaSalle is the only other school in the conference with less than 100 million. Meanwhile both Richmond schools have more than 2 billion!

I have the impression that Bona's endowment has been prudently invested and earned appropriate returns. However, due to the enrollment problems that rainy day fund was needed to smooth things out for deficits in the operating budget. However, I don't have direct knowledge of this and haven't examined the financial statements, so what the fuck do I know? Not much, just a hunch.

SBU has been on the edge since the early 1990s. Poor management up until the current Prez and Board is to blame. Obviously Wick nearly buried the place. Southern Tier is also losing population in droves. Let's hope that SBU will survive. Shame. SBU was on a pretty good come back until Covid 19.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
Is taking a massive shart considered a symptom of Covid 19? Blew one out of my hot, tight, creamy asshole last night. Stank like a motherfuck too.

Pissah!

Aloha!

Is taking a massive shart considered a symptom of Covid 19? Blew one out of my hot, tight, creamy asshole last night. Stank like a motherfuck too.

Pissah!

Aloha!
I, too, would like this answered.

I realize other sites have probably discussed this, but I have such a low threshold for inanity that I eschew them. I see the Ivy League has suspended the fall athletic schedule and I believe there are some rumblings about the Patriot League as well. Anyone who is filled in on these developments care to give a prognosis for the A10 and Bona's OOC schedule?

As reported in an article in The Athletic, Ivy League teams/athletes will not compete until the second semester, after January 1. So, it looks like Yale will not be visiting the RC this Fall.

"Basketball and other winter sports that compete in both fall and spring semesters will be affected by the league’s decision as well. They will not be allowed to participate in competitions prior to the end of the fall semester — which affects nonconference games for both men’s and women’s basketball. The earliest those teams can compete would be Jan. 1, 2021."

Anyone who is filled in on these developments care to give a prognosis for the A10 and Bona's OOC schedule?

At this rate, I'd be stunned if there are any games played before January 1st, so bye bye OOC.

So I am Level 1/Level 2 sharting after every other Cream Ale quaffing episode. Cream Ale has always had a laxative side effect but never anything like this. My hot, tight, creamy asshole is being destroyed. I really like Cream Ale and would prefer to continue quaffing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pissah!

Aloha!

Last edited:
So I am Level 1/Level 2 sharting after every other Cream Ale quaffing episode. Cream Ale has always had a laxative side effect but never anything like this. My hot, tight, creamy asshole is being destroyed. I really like Cream Ale and would prefer to continue quaffing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pissah!

Aloha!
Have you tried using the Preparation H medicated wipes? They were invented so people could continue drinking Genny Cream.

Back