Bonnies vs. Davidson (Friday 02/14/20 @ 7:00)

Frampton took this year off after the first few games and that's good. Now they've got a freshman from Korea--One Hung Low or something--and he shoots 40% from beyond the arc, so that's bad.

Davidson is the bizarro Bona's and the closest thing we have in conference to a true rivalry. I've only seen bits of a few of their games this year, but what I have seen has made me wonder how their record is what it is. I wondered the same thing 2 years ago each time we played them.

Osun and Justin (Jason?) represent to me the 2 biggest mismatches for them that i hope we can take advantage of. Their gameplan seems simple, beat you off the dribble with JAG or Grady, and if the lane closes, they find a kickout or a dump off.

Not getting beat off the dribble would be a good start (Duh!), but really- stay tight, only help to hedge a little, and let Osun protect the rim. I think that allows us to matchup with them better than we have traditionally. A rotation of English, Welch and Kyle on their 2 guards might be helpful to keep them fresh. I'm not going to insult McKillop's coaching prowess to oversimplify it with a 'throw some zone at em!' take. This will be a game where Shun staying patient and disciplined, and altering shots with his presence, as opposed to trying to swat/potentially drawing fouls upon himself will be critical. They need that from him so that they can be able to keep guys home to contest the 10,000 3's Davidson will inevitably hurl up.

Offensively, I really think Shun's athleticism can exploit their big man, and same with Winston (Wunston?) on whoever is matched up with him. Come out punching and don't stop, just like Duquesne.

Last edited:
I agree, we gotta get Shin involved more. Also, do we put Kyle Lipton or Jarrod English on Grady? That will be key. Yes, Jason Winnston is a matchup problem for them, but can he stay out of foul trouble? If not, we're going to have to go to the bench and get Bobby Planutits on the floor.

Last edited:
1581644956124.png
Hey ESPN...fuck you for this “matchup predictor.”

Of all the teams in the a10, I care the least for Davidson due to several reasons: 2016 a10 quarter loss with the infamous Sullivan dagger, constantly raining threes upon us in every game they play vs us, reaping the residual effect of Curry and getting unwarranted love from the media, underachieving in the OOC fucking always somehow, being an international team, and playing in the gray area of cheap holds, pushes, and screening without getting called for that shit.

Grady has not had a great year, but he surely wants to light us up in the RC a la the 3OT game during his freshman year. JAG will complain at every possible moment if a call goes against him. Lee needs to be closed out on (as does everyone except their Austrian national). I’m just going to pray that they miss tomorrow night and don’t back cut the shit out of us. If Carter Collins or some other guy (Jones) start hitting threes tomorrow, I’ll lose my shit.

But I digress...Go Bonnies!

I used to like them. I really liked them as an addition to the A10, but now hate playing them. It took a Posley miracle to deal with them in the first matchup, and it’s been rough ever since despite the 3ot win and getting them during our run during Posley’s senior year.

Let’s add to Tully’s list-
Their lackluster performances in the tourney.
Peyton Aldridge’s hooks.
Kishawn Pritchett (just him).
McKillop’s downright weird instructional vids involving the buttocks of young men.
JAG’s (really?) crybaby face.

Last edited:
I don’t have any real gripes about Davidson. Our kind of program, classy coach, small private school. They are a perfect fit for the ideal A10.

It would just be nice if they could not bury repeated perimeter daggers into our collective chest for once.

Back