Bonnies @ Duquesne (Sat. 02/08/20 @ 3:00) at RMU UPMC Events Center

Would love to see Schmidt’s face when he sees RMU’s new facility. Hope lots of folks will be making the trek from Olean to steal home court advantage. One piece of advice for anyone who will be going - parking is tight on campus so may want to consider parking in the shopping plaza across from campus and walking up the hill to the arena. Should be a great game. Let’s go Bonas!

Has there been a more hateable coach in the A10 since Archie Miller?

I know people didn’t like Hurley, but Dambrot has some pretty annoying tendencies, and gives off a scumbag vibe.

RMU’s new arena looks pretty nice and it looks like close to a sellout judging by their online ticket map.

Don’t really know what to expect from the Dukes. They’ve obviously looked good in both games against SLU and Dayton, but had a terrible stretch again Fordham, Rhody and UMass.

I think it’ll come down to us, the Dukes and Richmond for that four spot, so hopefully we can take this game tomorrow b/c Duquesne has two easy one’s after us.

Side note, why is Duquesne playing UD twice this year? Are they their annual travel partner?

Dambrot looks like some weird Carl Paladino/Martin Sheen mutation. Or maybe it's Carl and Michael Douglas? I dont know. Who cares. Fuck 'em.

It wouldn't matter if Lebron James himself suited up for the Dukes, it would still feel like a kick to the wind pipe if any loss to Duquesne made us slide in our tourney seeding.

Dambrot = Carla Tortelli from Cheers.

The guy is a snake oil salesman, and his Duquesne program’s foundation is built on Jello vanilla instant pudding. Nothing about his method is about the school, program, or community. Shifty stuff going on in the bluff.

Side note, why is Duquesne playing UD twice this year? Are they their annual travel partner?
I think so, going back to 1996 in the A10, the only years they didn't play twice were:
06, 07, 08, 13, 14

I do wish we were considered a regional for them even though they've pretty much owned us since early 00's.

"Dukes fans don't drive up 219 nearly as much"

Jesus, Commenter, no shit, Sherlock. No Dukes fan drives up 219. First of all, there are only 3 of them that travel. More importantly, they can't use Google Maps, let alone read a real map. They're going to point their '71 Ford LTD towards I 79 N and make the great loop through Dreary Erie to I 86. Safety first. Personally, I never turn down a chance to drive through Johnsonburg, but we're made of sterner stuff.

Johnsonburg? That's the one that smells like it's under the cloud of a giant fart, right? Paper mills or something.
Anyway, regardless of what you think of the coach or players, these Dukes are dangerous. It took an epic performance by Osun to squeeze out a win at their place last year. They are better this year, but I believe we are too, so this is the chance to make a statement.

Jesus, Commenter, no shit, Sherlock. No Dukes fan drives up 219. First of all, there are only 3 of them that travel. More importantly, they can't use Google Maps, let alone read a real map. They're going to point their '71 Ford LTD towards I 79 N and make the great loop through Dreary Erie to I 86. Safety first. Personally, I never turn down a chance to drive through Johnsonburg, but we're made of sterner stuff.

I was about to eat dinner, saw Johnsonburg, and lost my appetite.

Am i insane for being more scared of the St Joes game Tuesday, than this one?

I know the team will be fired up Saturday. I can see them sleepwalking Tuesday.

lol I know that, I took 79 when A10s was at Pittsburgh. 219 just fits the joke better than saying, "oh drive to Erie, then go north or south on a couple different highways." I'm a shitposter, not Waze.

That's a great road win. Not looking forward to the return game.

Will Johnson see the floor the remainder of the season? I love English, but if he's the back-up point, I'm not going to sleep tonight.

Back