Richmond vs VCU 1/28

How big is a win tomorrow @ VCU? We own the head-to-head tiebreaker on URI. VCU does not. The schedules are interesting between our 2 matchups with VCU.
Richmond schedule up to 2/15:
vs GW
@ Fordham
@ La Salle

VCU schedule up to 2/15:
@ URI
vs Davidson
vs George Mason

VCU have already lost once to Rhode Island. If we can win tomorrow night, our schedule really favors our chances of picking up 3 wins before we meet VCU again. Lets bury the Rams!

With a win....
  • Richmond would be 16-5
    • Best record since 2010-2011
  • Richmond would start 4-0 in A-10 road games for 2nd time since joining the conference
  • Richmond would be 6-1 in true road games
  • Richmond would be 4-1 since losing Blake Francis to injury.

Nick Sherod on Richmond not being rattled at the Siegel Center: "They’re just across the street. We come here every year. We know the Siegel Center, I grew up there so for me it’s just another gym."

Right now VCU is sitting at -9.... That's a ridiculous line in my opinion.

Richmond will be overmatched in this meeting but if Francis can come back for the return trip it should be a really fun game.

I think if you can get UR +9 that would be a good bet. Richmond limits their turnovers and forces VCU to play in the halfcourt it will be a single digit margin.

I do wonder what UR's answer for MSS will be. He is such a mismatch for anyone other than SLU, although in the two meetings last year he only played 36 combined minutes, so maybe Golden is too quick for MSS and MSS gets into foul trouble.

Richmond will be overmatched in this meeting but if Francis can come back for the return trip it should be a really fun game.

I think if you can get UR +9 that would be a good bet. Richmond limits their turnovers and forces VCU to play in the halfcourt it will be a single digit margin.

I do wonder what UR's answer for MSS will be. He is such a mismatch for anyone other than SLU, although in the two meetings last year he only played 36 combined minutes, so maybe Golden is too quick for MSS and MSS gets into foul trouble.
Trey Landers got in quick foul trouble on Saturday. Maybe MSS can follow suit

Quadrant 1 opportunity for Richmond, and one of the few major opportunities to build its resume since losing to Dayton at home. Despite its impressive record, UR might struggle to get an at-large without pulling this one off. At the same time, if Richmond pulled off the upset, it knocks VCU a bit off the bubble, and now we've got 3 teams with work left to do to get into the dance.

The VCU message board is so cringeworthy right now. Do they think that putting up pictures of Raid really bother us?

Here at the wannabe Robins Center. Rams & Spiders coming up.

This one is fun. Grant Golden came to play & Bones Hyland is unconsciouses!

Back