Bona @ GW (Sunday, January 5th, 2020 at 4:00)

I agree, Kyle has to tighten up the free throws at the end, especially because he's been very good at them throughout the rest of the games.

As fun (despite the loss) as it was for Kyle to have the individual performance he had against SUNY Amherst, the most obvious thing is that this team goes as far as Osun will take them. He had 5 points in the first half and wasn't very involved in the offense. GW has better perimeter than interior D and we played into that in the first half. I don't know if it was Schmidt changing the gameplan or guys just looking inside more, but something clearly happened in the locker room. Sure, the second half wasn't our best performance, but we were getting a lot more looks that are our strength against a team with GW's makeup. Case in point, @SlaughterHouseSBU said we shot 59% in the second. Osun had 15 in the 2nd and went 6/6. We will need to shoot over other teams that may be a little physically imposing for Osun, but that's not a team like GW.

Dom didn't seem bad despite not scoring. His driving to the hole definitely needs to improve. All the credit to Matt Johnson, who basically gave us the same stat line Dom normally has. I really wish Johnson was more suited as a PG to spell Lofton some more, but he's clearly way more comfortable as a SG. It'll be interesting to see what happens to Vasquez in the rotation after this. He got the start but really didn't do much. I want to see Ale succeed badly because of his fiery attitude and fearlessness, but I wonder if Johnson is a better fit for the intensity of these tight A10 games, especially on the road. I don't know, I don't want to be too reactionary, but we know Schmidt usually leans on older players, even if they're transfers.

Sen. Boca Bobby (S-NY) did a great job of draining the swamp in DC folks. I was very impressed with how he drove into the lane. He converted a couple of those when Dom missed a couple of the same type of shots. Maybe more designed slashing plays for Sen. Bobby are called for? Either way, his one made three is exactly what we were saying before the game: a wide open shot. He opted to give a little fake and drive today and it worked.

I watched a lot of Mason today and they are even more offensively challenged than we can be. I hope staying in the DC area because it's break will allow them to be more settled for Wednesday. Starting 2-0 with home/Rochester games against Fordham and UMass waiting for us would be delicious.

Merman is so salty, and he also won’t like it when Lester returns after recovering from a cruel incarceration.

Do you guys think Merman has ever been punched right in the face?

Merman is so salty, and he also won’t like it when Lester returns after recovering from a cruel incarceration.

Do you guys think Merman has ever been punched right in the face?
I should hope so. I’m pretty sure he’s been plodding along this planet a while. Someone on the wiccanwagon told him to ease up and watch zoolander to which he replied that his grandkids are too old for the zoo.

(not verbatim)

I should hope so. I’m pretty sure he’s been plodding along this planet a while. Someone on the wiccanwagon told him to ease up and watch zoolander to which he replied that his grandkids are too old for the zoo.

(not verbatim)
Ah. Well, then I suppose our friend merman should get a pass for that. One day, maybe his generation and Lester’s can come to better understand one another.

Its nice not having to wade through idiotic posts that complain every 20 seconds about something happening on the floor or bonaballa saying "so and so is not a D1 player". "Why doesnt Chef play more?" "I dont get why the bigs have to go way out on the guards like that...". F that.

Anyway, it was nice to see them settle down in the 2nd half and just cram it down GW's throat. Shoon is our ace in the hole and when he is out there we will be in every game. How many guys in the conference will be able to stop him down low? 2?

Edit: OMG, just saw this...
1578316962053.png

Last edited:
Its nice not having to wade through idiotic posts that complain every 20 seconds about something happening on the floor or bonaballa saying "so and so is not a D1 player". "Why doesnt Chef play more?" "I dont get why the bigs have to go way out on the guards like that...". F that.

Anyway, it was nice to see them settle down in the 2nd half and just cram it down GW's throat. Shoon is our ace in the hole and when he is out there we will be in every game. How many guys in the conference will be able to stop him down low? 2?

Edit: OMG, just saw this...
View attachment 89
Ugh!!!!

Senator Bobby? I thought that new buzz cut meant he'd been down to Quantico to lift a few with the jarheads. I think that makes him Lance Corporal Bobby, doesn't it?

Senator Bobby? I thought that new buzz cut meant he'd been down to Quantico to lift a few with the jarheads. I think that makes him Lance Corporal Bobby, doesn't it?

@SBUnfurled posted a pic of General Lofton, so maybe he can use some of his graphic design magic to have Boca Bobby as the newest Quantico recruit.

btw, thanks to all who were in attendance. My son was highly entertained by the Bona contingent, particularly the guy up in Sec. 220 or whatever it is who was sitting next to the GW band. I'm not sure he believed me when I told him that I thought the Bona crowd was a little on the quiet side today. Gotta get him up to the RC. I'm just afraid that if I keep on taking him to basketball games he's going to make me watch Overwatch with him.

The laugh's on me, I guess. The little shit still has games to watch, which is more than I can say. The Philadelphia Fusion is looking pretty tough, the Boston Uprising not so much. Or so I'm told.

And this just after he finally got around to looking for a job just as jobs became extinct. Anyone looking for a linguistics major/math minor, PM me. Please!

Back