Richmond Spiders 2019-20 Season Thread

This has to be the best team that Chris Mooney has had in a long time. Spiders are 8-1 and are continuing to climb. It seems that they can't all be healthy at once, as Tyler Burton was out yesterday, but when this team is all back to 100% the sky's the limit.

Is it Saturday yet??

Can't wait for this Saturday's slate of games. Really looking forward to the Auburn-SLU game over all others, but Richmond at home against Charleston could be interesting. Spiders keep inching their way up, getting national recognition. Would love it if UR could win at least 3 of its last 4 and put up a real competitive fight at Alabama, even if that one doesn't end up being a win. Wisconsin is getting worse, which isn't helping Richmond.

If this Wisconsin result holds, that's really going to help Richmond's NET.

Wisconsin hanging around vs Ohio State. Would be a big boost for the Spiders if the Badgers can find a way to win this one.

12-3 and 2-0 in the A10... How we feeling about Richmond?

Up to 53 in the NET. Happy with how things are going, but not much margin for error here in A-10 play. Probably need to go 13-5 in A-10 plus a win in the tourney to have a good shot at an at-large. Wisconsin win looking really good, but really need to get at least one against Dayton/VCU to bolster that profile, while also avoiding the landmines.

Up to 53 in the NET. Happy with how things are going, but not much margin for error here in A-10 play. Probably need to go 13-5 in A-10 plus a win in the tourney to have a good shot at an at-large. Wisconsin win looking really good, but really need to get at least one against Dayton/VCU to bolster that profile, while also avoiding the landmines.

Avoid bad losses at all cost. Richmond’s streaky shooting worries me. Spiders really can’t afford a bad shooting night against a Fordham or George Washington. That would sink them. Luckily, I’ve liked the way the bench has been playing.

I agree completely. I'm just taking it 1 game at a time and all my focus is on SLU for Saturday. Hasahn French is going to be tough to stop down low. If we can get him in foul trouble early, I like our chances.

I agree completely. I'm just taking it 1 game at a time and all my focus is on SLU for Saturday. Hasahn French is going to be tough to stop down low. If we can get him in foul trouble early, I like our chances.

Grant Golden is such an important player for that game. Lucky for UR, I think their shooting is so much better that they can build an early lead that SLU can’t come back from. But gotta gotta gotta be good on the defensive glass. Keep GG out of foul trouble.

No formal update on the injury status of Blake Francis. Spiders really need him, but have a quick turnaround as they play at Davidson on Tuesday night.

Spiders check in at #67 on KenPom & #55 in NET Rankings
Big one tomorrow night at the Siegel Center

Jacob Gilyard scored the 2nd most points vs a ranked opponent in 20 years. Terry Allen scored 34 vs #14 Cal in 2015.

I'm so glad we get this matchup 2x every season. Always seems to be a fun one. Hoping Richmond makes this a close game. These 2 teams play very different styles of basketball this season.

Back