Another thrilling week of A10 Action has concluded, and we have some changes along with some newcomers in the Top 5. Below are my weekly POY Rankings in the A10 conference. Enjoy!
1) Jack Gibbs, Davidson- Gibbs just refuses to give up the number one spot. The junior guard dropped 43 points against UMass while dishing out 8 assists and grabbing 8 boards. Gibbs came back with another impressive performance against St. Louis, scoring 26 points in a losing effort. Gibbs and the Wildcats will look to bounce back at Richmond on Monday.
2) DeAndre Bembry, St. Joes- Bembry makes another jump in the rankings this week. The 6’6 forward had 17 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 steals in a convincing win over Penn. Bembry is the most important piece of this St. Joe’s team. He doesn’t score the most points, but he does the grimy work that gets unnoticed. That’s why Bembry moves up another slot this week.
3) Terry Allen, Richmond- Terry drops down from the two slot after a loss to VCU. Allen didn’t play bad at all, he had 18 points and 8 rebounds. What drops Terry down a spot is what he did during crunch time. Allen had a chance to win the game for the Spiders, but settled for a jumpshot instead of attacking the basket. Terry had a whole week to dwell on that game, and will come out guns-blazing against Davidson.
4) Trey Davis, UMass- Trey is making his first appearance in the Top 5 this year. His 30 point outing against Davidson propels him to the 4th spot. Davis is averaging 19.1 points per game along with 3.7 rebounds and 3.2 assists. Davis will need to be more consistent if he wants to stay in the Top 5.
5) Jordan Price, La Salle- A disappointing 11 point performance against Temple is what drops Price down to the 5th spot. This isn’t the Jordan Price we all know. Every player is entitled to a bad game, and I fully expect Price to rebound against St. Joes.